Why is my Private Dining Room Empty?
“WHY IS MY PRIVATE DINING ROOM EMPTY?”
- It’s not EASY to book.
- Do we commit to a 24-hour response? Do we have a prepared packet, meeting-planner-ready?
- Are we willing to “hold” the date until challenged?
- Not set during non-use hours.
- Cater to the imagination of the captured client!
- No follow up to inquiry
- FAIL!! Whose job Is it? Maybe PDR rezzies need a separate number?
- Perception of expense
- Farm-to-table or respectable restaurants must campaign for VALUE (a la Whole Foods) perception
- Perception of limitations
- Flexibility needs to be TAUGHT; Demonstrable via iPad or social media or website
- Ignorance regarding perks (Parking in back of neighboring bank, etc.)
- Don’t expect client to KNOW what WE take for granted! LIST as PERK!
- No perception at all?!
- Where are we marketing? What industry associations are we romancing? Who are our competitors: Sometimes historic venues!
- Kitchen capabilities
- Alert kitchen to changes, offerings, (HOW we sell); Create a seamless team
- No investigation of EACH event’s success
- Follow-up focus questions (In person if possible):
- What could we have delivered better?
- Would our providing A/V, upgraded linens, rentals, entertainment helped?
- Expectations satisfied?
- To whom would you recommend us?
Why did you NOT go with us? What could we have done? Will you consider us in future?